The first day of spring is here (even if it arrives with a bit of snow) and it’s time for our annual Baltimore by Foot neighborhood walking tours. This year, we’re thrilled to be touring five quite different neighborhoods with resident experts and local historians. Come on one tour or come on them all!
- April 18 – Lafayette Square: Baltimore Through the Ages
- April 25 – Mount Washington: Summer Retreat to Neighborhood Village
- May 2 – Hampden: From Cotton Duck to Duck Confit
- May 9 – Highlandtown: Immigration and Enterprise
- May 16 – Pigtown: Railroads, Renewal, and Dollar Houses
If you missed our Mount Vernon Love Stories Valentine’s walking tour in February, you’re in luck. A cold alert forced us to cancel but we rescheduled with Jamie Hunt to lead the tour again on Sunday, April 12 with a morning and afternoon option. Finally, don’t miss our upcoming tour of the 1889 Jenkins House on Maryland Avenue on March 26 for a look into this historic orphanage that has helped generations of Baltimoreans.