From 2009 to 2011, the Archaeology of Labor and Immigration Project at the University of Maryland led by Stephen Brighton conducted three archaeological field schools in the small quarry town of Texas in Baltimore County, Maryland, a source for lime as well as marble used in notable buildings such as the Washington Monument and the Capitol.
Patterson Park, known as Hampstead Hill in the early 1800s, was the site of Baltimore’s major defensive position against a British land invasion in the War of 1812. With funding from the Maryland Heritage Area Authority and the National Park Service American Battlefield Protection Program, Baltimore Heritage completed an archaeological investigation of Patterson Park in spring 2014.
In fall 2014, Baltimore Heritage and the Northeast Baltimore History Roundtable undertook a volunteer-led archeological survey to identify archaeological sites in Herring Run Park associated with the Hall Springs Hotel and Ivy Hill Plantation.
In 2011, Baltimore Heritage and the Friends of West Baltimore Squares dug into the history of Civil War-era Baltimore with an archeological investigation in Lafayette Square. This project was organized with support from the Archeological Society of Maryland, the Maryland Historical Trust, and the local community.