Built in 1915, the Monumental Motorcar Company showroom, also known as the Odorite, was one of the last surviving buildings relating to the early automobile era along Mount Royal Avenue between Bolton Hill and Mount Vernon. The University of Baltimore razed the building in 2004 over the objections of Baltimore Heritage, the Mount Vernon Belvedere Association, and the Maryland Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (the first and so far only time this state cabinet-level body has issued such an objection). The site now houses the University of Baltimore Student Center.
25 W. Mt. Royal Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21201
Last Updated: January 3, 2016