1874: The city extended its limits two miles beyond North Avenue when it annexed a large area of Baltimore County in 1888. The move added 36,000 people to Baltimore's population and included landmarks like Druid Hill Park and Lake Montebello.Image excerpted from City of Baltimore Showing the Proposed Extension (1874), S.J. Martenet. Courtesy JHU, Sheridan Libraries, 1774.2/34153.

1874: Baltimore

Leave a Reply