- This event has passed.
Maryland Statewide Conference: Old Line State Summit
June 15 - June 16$75
Maryland’s statewide historic preservation conference will take place on Friday, June 15, 2018 and Saturday, June 16, 2018 at the Architecture Building at the University of Maryland campus in College Park, MD. For the first time, the Preservation Maryland Old Line State Summit will precede the Maryland Association of Historic District Commissions‘ annual Symposium and offer an unparalleled professional training opportunity for the preservation community of the Mid-Atlantic.
OLD LINE STATE SUMMIT “HEALTHY, HIP & HISTORIC” – Friday, June 15, 2017, 9AM-5PM
Attendees and speakers vary from planners, architects, Main Street professionals, museum volunteers and staff, students, businesses, and more. This event is for anyone who is committed to protecting the places that make Maryland special and those who want to know more about how the historic landscape plays a role in making our communities hip, healthy, and historic. This year Maryland’s annual preservation conference will take a look at issues touching on the role of preservation in building healthy communities, new technologies, and other topics including:
- Addressing Accessibility in Historic Sites
- Tours of Greenbelt and the UMD Campus
- Managing & Utilizing Digital Archives
- Recreation-Based Tourism & Preservation
- The Future of Smart Growth
The bus tour of Greenbelt is presented by Maryland Milestones. It will last from 9:50 AM-12:00 PM. Cost is $10.
MAHDC SYMPOSIUM: “When Money is Tight, but the Roof Isn’t…” – Saturday, June 16, 2018, 8:30AM-4PM
University of Maryland
School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation
3835 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20742
There is one single registration page for the Summit and the Symposium where there are several options for one- or two-day registration.
- One Day (students): $35
- One Day (members): $60
- One Day (non-member): $75
- Both Summit and Symposium (students): $50
- Both Summit and Symposium (members): $100
- Both Summit and Symposium (non-member): $130
- Bus Tour of Greenbelt presented by Maryland Milestones (Friday – 9:50 AM-12:00 PM): +$10
If you have any questions about registration, please contact Jessica Feldt, Preservation Maryland, email@example.com.
- University of Maryland, School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation
Architecture Building, 3835 Campus Drive
College Park, MD 20742 United States + Google Map
October 20 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm